Have justfinished reading the blog of a sci fi writer and reading the comments on the blog, there was a man who explained that he loved sci fi but was a writer of paranormal activity. The comment made me stop and think because although I have the smallest of interests in sci fi writing, and have even studied for 2 semesters sci fi writing/ dysopias and utopias, it has never crossed my mind to write about an alternative world. I pride myself ion having an overactive imagination and thinking about the strangest of things but clearly that has been a huge over estimation of my ability. As a result I have decided to draw together a short list of 5 things I can honestly say I have never thought of writing about.
1. Sci fi fiction: The thought of some blood sucking, solar power controlled creatures invading the earth does not make me want to wip out my pen and paper
2. A mills and boom romance – I love watching soppy love tales but I think I would get bored writing one
3. A Historical novel – call me lazy but the research and the need for historical accuracy would drain all the fun out of the writing process for me.
4. An Action story: love watching the stuff but it seems ill fitted for the page. How do you even write action??
5. Anything with ghosts – I scare way to easily and I worry about where my imagination would take me with that one.