This cake that looks like biscuit (my baking tray was too big) is delicious and cooked with NO BUTTER!! It is absolutely delicious! Another weight watchers treat, see recipe below:
5 spray(s) Cooking Spray, Calorie Controlled
3 medium Egg, Whole
75 g Sugar, Caster
2 medium Lemon, use zest from both
75 g Flour, Wheat, White, Plain, plain
1 pinch Salt
200 g Cheese, Soft, Medium Fat
2 tablespoons Yogurt, Greek, 0% Fat
2 tablespoons (level) Lemon Curd
75 g Raspberries, thawed if frozen
* Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 5/190°C/fan oven 170°C/375°F. Spray a 26x16cm or a 23cm (9 inch) square cake tin with low fat cooking spray and line with non-stick baking paper.
* In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, caster sugar and half the lemon zest together using a hand-held electric mixer until very thick, light and airy. This will take about 5 minutes. Gently fold in the flour and salt using a large metal spoon. Spoon into the prepared tin and level the surface.
* Bake the cake for 10-12 minutes until risen and firm, yet slightly springy to touch. Cool in the tin on a wire rack for 10 minutes, then remove the cake and cool completely. Peel away the lining paper.
* Beat the low fat soft cheese with the yogurt, lemon curd and half the remaining lemon zest. Spread over the cooled cake, then top with the raspberries, squashing them down slightly into the topping. Sprinkle the remaining lemon zest on top. Cut into 8, then serve.
* Keep any remaining cake covered and refrigerated, though serve at room temperature.